Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Death

This year I have been thinking quite a lot about death.
 I think this is why I stopped blogging in April.

I myself had a serious medical probem in March - I was in hospital for a week. It seems that it is a defect that I have always had but was misdiagnosed and incorrectly treated for nearly 40 years. It is a problem that was only recognized in the 1990's. This time however I was in hospital wired up, and hence with much more precise evidence. I am not now in danger of dying from the problem but for a time I was.

This year has seen the deaths of various colleagues - in particular Brian Day -  and also serious illnesses.

I am coming up to the age of three score years and ten, and at the end of the academic year 2012-2013 will cease my tenure as University professor but perhaps not my teaching.

I still have many questions I would like to resolve!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home