Saturday, September 26, 2009

A blog worth visiting - The Stubborn Mule

The Stubborn Mule's Perspective is a blog of Sean Carmody, whom I knew as a student in Sydney. In fact his fourth year thesis was the extension of the Todd-Coxeter procedure to categories and functors. The blog involves also other students I knew in Sydney.

One of the main activities of the blog is the display of economic and other measurements pulled out of the net.

I always liked the subject of display of data since I read (?) the book by Edward Tufte, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. In particular I liked the famous representation by Charles Joseph Minard of the Russian campaign of Napoleon. (Actually, now that I think about it, another amazing work of graphical represntation is Gray's Anatomy,)

On the Stubborn Mule you will see the advances in representation of data produced by computer technology.

I am hoping we will also see more conclusions, concentration of information, and identification of underlying causes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home