Thursday, July 21, 2011

France

I didn't go to the annual category theory meeting, currently occurring in Vancouver - I am beginning to lose enthusiasm for intercontinental travel. I don't know how many times I have flown from Australia to Europe or America - too many times. And the internet has changed the need for so much travel. I do hope the organizers put up slides of the talks, and I would of course liked to have met old friends.

Instead I made a car trip to France
, a holiday, with my wife and daughter. We left Italy by Gottardo Tunnel, going to Beaune, Chartres, Paris for a few days, then Brittany for a few days - including Carnac, returning through the Loira Valley, Bourges, Bourge-en-Bresse and the Monte Bianco Pass.

In terms of art and architecture the late 20th century comes out very badly in comparison with Egypt, the middle ages,
and renaissance Italy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home